|If a student wishes to choose commerce as the subject stream then he or she should study subjects like Economics, Accountancy, Book keeping, Secretarial practice, Business mathematics, Commerce, etc|
Such students can opt for the following careers. Details of the careers, the information of which is not easily available, is given in details.
|An autonomous body “The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” governs, regulates and conducts the course.|
|Foundation course: To impart orientation and assimilation of professional subjects directly relevant to CA profession.|
- Eligibility:Admission is open to 10 + 2 pass or equivalent examination
|Professional registration is offered six months before the result of SSLC/PUC.|
All the successful candidates should enroll with the institute for the Foundation course. After passing the Foundation course, candidates should go for registration with the Institute for Intermediate course and should complete the compulsory postal coaching for the same course. All the passed candidates are offered enrolment for the final level and they should again complete the compulsory postal coaching for final course. The successful candidates of final course are eligible for Membership and once the candidates are admitted as members they opt for CP for Practice.
All the Graduates( should complete the articleship with practicing CA firm)/ICA/ICWA are also eligible for registration with the institute for Intermediate course.
- English and Business Communication
- Basic economics and Business environment
- Financial accounting
- Elements of Business Laws and Management
- Information system and qualitative Techniques
- Final examination of ICWA of ICAI
- Masters Degree in any discipline other than Fine arts.
|Cost and management accountants are responsible for evaluation and managing cost value and management information systems.|
|The Institute of cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI)|
Admission is open to students who have cleared class XII examination or equivalent examination
Such students should enroll with the Institute for the Foundation course
( Completion of 17 years of age on the date of application)
- Papers for the Foundation course:
- Business Fundamentals and Economics
- Management and Organization
- Basic Mathematics and statistics
- * Commercial Law
(Exams are held twice - June and December)
Successful candidates of the Foundation course should register with the Institute for Intermediate course, which either 2/3 years. After passing the Intermediate level, the candidates should enroll for the final course. The passed candidates are eligible for Membership and they opt for CP for practice.
- Gaduate Degree of any recognized University
- Post graduates or IIMs are exempt from the Foundation course
- Engineering graduates
- Banking styled as CAIIB
Study is through postal or oral coaching (choose)
- Oral coaching – Semester basis – of 6 months each
- Practical training – In order to equip students with practical orientation, practical training is given in various industries.
- Institutes of Cost and Works accountants of India (ICWI):
- ICWI, 12, Scudder street, Kolkata
- ICWAI, Rohit chambers, 4th floor, Janma Bhoomi Marg, Mumbai
- ICWAI Bhawan, 65, Montieth Lane, Egmore, Chennai
- ICWAI Bhawan, 3, Institutional area, Lodi Road, New Delhi