|Paramedics assist the doctors in work. They perform their duties in various fields of specialization with high tech gadgets and other health equipment. |
1. Audiologists & Speech therapists
|These work in super-specialities hospitals, clinics and rehabilitation centers. They render technical assistance to people who have speech or language disorder.|
- The students with Science background can opt for three year B.Sc. course. Specialization is possible after B.Sc.
- AIIMS, New Delhi.
- All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore.
|Nurses can work in the hospitals, schools, industry, and private clinics.|
- Students with Physics, Chemistry and Biology can opt for B.Sc. (Nursing) which is a Three or Four years course after XII
- College of Nursing, Kolkatta
- College of Nursing, Delhi
- Basap Memorial institute of nursing, Mysore
- Institute of Nursing Sciences, Mangalore
- Lakshmi Bai Batra School of Nursing, ( Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre),
I, Tughlakabad Institutional area, MB Road, New Delhi – 110 062
- Lakeside Institute of Nursing (Recognized by Indian nursing Council)
Run by Lakeside education Trust
Care Lakeside medical centre and Hospital, 33/4, Meanee avenue road, near Ulsoor lake,
Bangalore 560 042, Karnataka
3. Physical & Occupational Therapists, Orthotic and Prosthetic Technologists.
|These professionals deal with limb injuries and restricted body movements.|
- Students of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics combination can do.
- Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics three and half year duration with six months internship
- Diploma in Prosthetics and orthotics (Engineering) of AIIPMR
- One year Diploma Course in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
This course is designed to equip the Post-graduates in Medicine or surgery.
- National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research, Cuttack
- Institute of Physically Handicapped, New Delhi
- National Institute for the Orthopaedically Handicapped, Calcutta.
- National Institute for the visually Handicapped, Dehradun.
- National Institute of mental Health and Nuero-sciences, Bangalore ( Deemed to be University)
- National Institute of rehabilitation, Training and Research, Cuttack
- National Institute for Mentally Handicapped, Secunderabad.
- Spastics Society of Northern India
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Haji Ali Park, Mahalakshmi, Mumbai 400 034
|Pharmacists are proficient in use, composition and the effect of Drugs. They can work as Retail pharmacist, Industrial Pharmacist, Research Pharmacist and Hospital Pharmacist.|
- The Diploma holders and Graduates opt for retail and hospital jobs.
- Students with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics background) can pursue a Diploma or 4 years degree.
- National Institute of pharmaceutical education and research (NIPER) Sector 67, SAS Nagar, Punjab 160062
( This institute offers Masters courses such as Medicinal chemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Natural products etc )
- M College of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad
- BITS, Pilani; BITS, Ranchi
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Jadhvpur University, Kolkotta
5. Dietician & Nutritionist.
Hospitals, Hotels, Food manufacturing companies, Prisions, boarding schools normally employ Dietician and Ntritionist.
- Many Universities offer B.Sc., course with Dietics and Nutrition
- National Institute of Nutrition, (ICMR), Jamai Osmania, Hyderabad 500 007
- University of Delhi; Osmania University, Hyderabad; Manipur University, Manipur
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- Admission test will be held for the students of Science group for this course at graduation level.